Visite también......

martes, 8 de abril de 2008

Farolito verde III - Hamlet, monólogo



Como recordarán por farolito verde I estas entradas están dedicadas a los fragmentos literarios que se recomienda conocer de memoria. ¿Razones? Espurias, como siempre.

Hamlet ACT III -- Scene I
Hamlet To be, or not to be, --- that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
and by opposing end them? To die, --- to sleep:
No more; and, by a sleep, to say we end
The heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to,---'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, ---to sleep;---
To sleep! perchance to dream:---ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despis'd love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin ? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread o something after death
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have,
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is siklied o'er with the pale cast of thought;
And enterprises of great pith and moment,
With this regard, their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action. ---Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia,--- Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remenber'd.

Oph. Good my lord,
How does your honour for this many a day?

Ham. I humbly thank you; well, well, well

Oph. My lord, I have remembrances of yours.
That I have longed long to redeliver;
I pray you, now receive them.

Ham. No, not I;
I never gave you aught.

Oph. My honour'd lord, I know right well you did;
And with them, words of so sweet breath compos'd,
As made the things more rich: their perfume lost,
Take these again; for to the noble mind,
Rich gifts wax poor when givers prove unkind.
There, my lord.

Ham. Ha, ha! are you honest?

Oph. My lord!

Ham. Are you fair?

Oph. What means your lordship?

Ham. That if you be honest and fair, your
honesty should admit no discourse to your beauty.

Oph. Could beauty, my lord, have better commerce than
with honesty?

Ham. Ay, truly; for the power of beauty will sooner transform
honesty from what it is to a bawd, than the force of honesty can
translate beauty into his likeness: this was sometime a paradox, but
now the time gives it proof. I did love thee once.

Oph. Indeed, my lord, you made me believe so.

Ham. You should not have believed me: for virtue cannot so inoculate
our old stock, but we shall relish of it: I loved you not.

Oph. I was the more deceived.


Ham. Get thee to a nunnery: why wouldst thou be a breeder of
sinners? I am myself indifferent honest; but yet I could accuse me of such
things, that it were better my mother had not borne me: I am very proud,
revengeful, ambitious; with more offences at my beck, than I
have thoughts to put them 'in, imagination to give them shape, or time to
act them in. What should
such fellows as I do crawling between heaven and earth? We are arrant
knaves, all: believe none of us. Go thy ways to a nunnery. Where's your
father?

Oph. At home, mi lord.

Ham. Let the doors be shut upon him, that he may play the fool
nowhere but in his own house. Farewel.

Oph. O, help him, you sweet heaven.

Ham. If thou dost marry, I'll give you this
plague for thy dowry, ---be thou as chaste as ice, as pure
as snow, thou shalt not escape calumny. Get thee to a nunnery, go:
farewell.
Or, if thou wilt needs marry, marry a
fool; for wise men know well enough what
monsters you make of them. To a nunnery,
go; and quickly too. Farewell.

Oph. O heavenly powers, restore him.


Ham. I have heard of your paintings too, well enough; God hath given
you one face, and you make yourselves another:
you jig, you amble, and you lisp, and nickname Gods's creatures, and make
your wantonness your
ignorance. Go to, I'll no more on't; it bath made me mad. I say, we will
have no more marriages; those that are married already, all
but one, shall live; the rest shall keep as they are. To a nunery, go.
Exit.

Oph. O, what a noble mind is here o'erthrown!
The courtier's, soldier's, scholar's eye, tongue, sword;
The expectancy and rose of the fair state,
The glass of fashion, and the mould of form,
The observed of all observers, quite, quite down!
And I, of ladies most deject and wretched,
That suck'd the honey of his music vows,
Now see that noble and most sovereign reason,
like sweet bells jangled, out of tune and harsh;
T'hat unmatch'd form and feature of blown youth,
Blasted with ecstasy. O, woe is me!
To have seen what I have seen, see what I see!

William Shakespeare

Juguemos a Lawrence Olivier:




Texte alternatif



Comprendan. Está grabado a la primera y con el ruido de fondo del bullicio de la calle. Con independencia de lo criticable que pueda ser el recitado, creemos que hay una falta, y es que la frase "The fair Ophelia,--- Nymph, in thy orisons \\ Be all my sins remenber'd. " debe ser dicha a modo de aparte, no de saludo, como se deduce del "Soft you now!" que le precede.
Segunda toma. Aquí se adopta una actitud más melancólica, acorde con la meditación acerca del suicidio (el estilete en la mano o el puñal sobre la mesa):








Texte alternatif


3 comentarios:

Alina M dijo...

Pues... ¡nada mal, Pneuma!
Me ha gustado mucho como suena: "To die,...to sleep" la segunda vez.

Pneuma dijo...

Bueno, se me escapó una s al final de un sleep. A ver si ensayo un poco y lo mejoro, estoy tratando de hacerme con un estilete y todo.

Gracias por las palabras de ánimo, eso me compensa de haber escuchado por aquí que a veces sobreactúo.

Alina M dijo...

Me uno a los aplausos que Sir Lawrence Olivier debe de estar prodigándote, Pneuma.

¡Y qué resonancia de escenario!

Felicitaciones por la cuidada versión.

Sugiero para el próximo farolito verde (y siempre en la versión de nuestro dúctil administrador) el comienzo de la "Divina Comedia".